Friday, September 05, 2008

Are you overly hungry all the time?

I am always experimenting with diet and it's effect on blood sugar, hunger and hyperinsulinemia. Because I eat a diet daily that focuses on high proteins, vegetables and a little fruit, with the exception of once a week when I treat myself, I am very sensitive to my daily hunger levels. I usually have low hunger levels and I don't normally get uncontrolled cravings for foods or the desire for carbs, the comfort foods .

Lately I have experimented with 2 foods, low fat wholegrain granola and brown rice. When I first started learning nutrition over 30 years ago, I was taught that the Macrobiotic was the best diet plan for health. The Macrobiotic Diet focused on whole grains as of first importance, then fruits and vegetables, and low fat foods. The result of people eating this way over the last 30 years is a 32% increase in type 2 diabetes and a population that is very over weight. Since that time I have learned that Proteins are the most critical, and in fact, the word protein means... Of First Importance.

The experiment...
A few weeks ago I bought brown rice and consumed it for a couple of days along with my normal meat, vegetable and low grain diet. In a day after I started the rice, my appetite went off the chart and all I could think about was food. I had an unusual desire for sweets too.

This week I tried a whole grain granola with a little dried fruit in it. Very healthy according to many nutritionists who don't understand insulin's role in hunger and fat storage. Again, about a day later, I had the same uncontrollable hunger and strong cravings for sweets.

I mention this because many people eat more food than they need daily, because their insulin levels are overly high and they are in fat storage mode as well, because of it.

As soon as I stopped eating those foods and went back to my Ideal Diet, the hunger normalized and I stopped thinking about food all day. Interestingly enough, Wholegrain Rye Crackers like Wasa, don't seem to cause any problem, and that is confirmed by recent studies as well.

Learn about eating a Low Glycemic Diet and how high insulin levels, Hyperinsuliemia, effects your health and encourages fat accumulation on your body.

Good health to all of you...

cw


Killer Carbs: Scientist Finds Key To Overeating As We Age...
A Monash University scientist has discovered key appetite control cells in the human brain degenerate over time, causing increased hunger and potentially weight-gain as we grow older. The research by Dr Zane Andrews, a neuroendocrinologist with Monash University's Department of Physiology, has been published in Nature.
READ MORE


Recommended books on health...



Christopher Wiechert's Healthblogger is for educational or informational purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose or provide treatment for any condition. If you have any concerns about your own health, you should always consult with a health care professional. If you decide to use this information on your own, it's your constitutional right, but I assume no responsibility. The views expressed on this website are those of the health professionals & scientists I list or my own opinions and are not intended to replace any medical advice you may require. The contents have not been approved by the Pharmaceutical Association, the American Medical Association, or the Food and Drug Administration. This website may present views diametrically opposed to the views of such organizations.

Click here to subscribe to the HealthBlogger free e-mail newsletter.

Search cwiechert.com or Christopher Wiechert's HealthBlogger for health related issues...

Helping HealthBlogger & cwiechert.com grow and prosper…


Christopher Wiechert, C.N.C.
President
Forever Changes, Inc.
cwiechert.com
HealthBlogger
Orthomolecular Formulations
MySpace
MBI Nutraceuticals
E-Mail
Toll Free Number: 800-803-3323

Orthomolecular Formulations
Feel the difference a superior quality multi vitamin & mineral product can make in your life. Made fresh to order in capsules and shipped free.
Formulated specifically by Christopher Wiechert, C.N.C. to be the state of the art in the industry.

SCALE DOWN MULTI
WOMEN'S BASIC +
MEN'S BASIC +
O M COMPLETE
GLUCO VIT-MIN
50+ PHYTOMINS

" The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." Albert Einstein